So here are some simple questions on Carbohydrates. I’ll be sure to post the answers in the next blog post! Enjoy!
1. Which of the following is NOT a monosaccharide?
A) glucose B) fructose C) starch D) ribose
2. Cellulose can be referred to as
A) a material found in cell walls of plant cells.
B) a component of cell membranes.
C) a plant protein.
D) the most complex of the organic compounds.
3. Monosaccharides are characterized by all of the following EXCEPT ?
A) a carboxyl group
B) carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen in a 1:2:1 ratio
C) a molecule of three to seven carbon atoms
D) the presence of glycerol and fatty acids
4. Glucose and Fructose are NOT
D) A and C
5. Glucose and Galactose forms
Hope you get it all right!
“Carbohydrates.” Loretto Academy Student Server. http://www.student.loretto.org/humanbiology/Quizzes/quiz1_7.htm
(accessed March 19, 2013).